• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Neighbor-Next Step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smblaw

I live in California.

I moved in to a condo 10 months ago. When I moved in my daughters friend from school was living here and going to be moving out. Her moher told me to beware of my neighbor to my right. Apparently, there were problems with this neighbor (call her V) and there was a party and a huge brawl. Cops were called and landlord asked the gal to move. She did just to get away. Recently I also found out that V ran off the tenant that was in my unit prior to me with her BS and had even had a couple homies visit him. He was military, he got married, got housing on base and just moved out, and because of her.

Now here I am, am single mother of 2, I had Open Heart Surgery a year ago, I have a defibrillator in my chest. She has begun her BS. Her 3 yr old daughter comes in my house calls people ****in Bitch, she hits and the mother does nothing. V has recently moved in a roommate and both V and RM have 3 kids each. The girl of RM was giving my daughter grief, she stole a photo album off of our car and ran inside. I went & had mother retrieve it, mother did nothing. They became friends and the girl was looking for her mom one street over and I let my daughter ride her bike with her and the BF answered and said her mother (V's RM) was on drugs and he was going to have her arrested. I ended my daughter playing with her. When V is confronted on anything, she denies it and it is just a waste of breath and too much aggravation for me if I responded to each and every stunt they pull. I get upset my heart rate goes up and I get shocks in my chest. It is an excrutiating experience. My health is an issue due to stress levels. I have chosen to ignore it and advised my kids to as well.

I am also on HUD, and had a HUD annual inspection one day. I had a friend over to help me clean and another mutual friend carpet cleaner guy over. V called the police and said that there were funny smells coming from my house and the cops came an hour before my inspection. I let them in and look around. I showed the carpet and upholstry cleaner we were using but it was just to mess with me. When the inspector left my house she was greeted with V's RM outside. I'm not positive as to the laws with regard to police being called but I think I should go file a report just to document all of the above and MORE that I am dealing with. I am addressing the issue with landlord, however another neighbor stated he isn't real good and handling this stuff because she has ran out tenants several times and she is still there.

Do I insist landlord evict her? Fear reprocussions? I feel that more events will occur that will jeopardize my housing? Do I move and save myself the aggravation? Do I file a police report to document everything? (I have kept a log of every event occured) I have the right to a peaceful living envir:confused:onment, dont' I?

cyjeff

Nothing you have said approaches illegal.

The only possible charge is the only one you have absolutely no proof of.

Tell the landlord that there are eight people living in the apartment.

After that, don't talk to your neighbor or let their kids in your house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">