• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp n.y.state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobbygerard

i have received a permant decision case closed back injury for life,i have an attorney and his fee is coming out of my checks,ialso used him for social security but i got a reversal on a denial due to my interaction with a congress person so it was a bonus to my lawyer.no due to health and protection for my family i may want a lump sum,the attorny will want an additial 10%.i don't want to pay more as i have and am still financially strapped.he submitted one offer ,no responce.at this point can i sever attorny,client and go it alone,i seem to do all the leg work
thanks for any help
bob

A

alba

I assume they closed your case permenently as a result of no longer being disabled. If you still disabled you can re-open the case. The 10% is the typical attorneys fees for Comp cases and its reduced by the Board during any hearing where the board autherized payments or a lumpsum

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">