• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emissions testing on bought used pickup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redjoker1

Can a used car dealer in Utah sell a vehicle to someone that wont pass an emissions test because the vehicle doesn't have any form of smog system, yet they had it tested and it passed both safety and emissions without any problem, but when I had to register the vehicle the following year, I couldn't get it passed because there wasn't any type of smog system in it at all... I went to the last place they went to and had to argue with the attendant about how they were able to pass it through, but now I couldn't find any place where it would pass legally. They finally agreed to try and surprise, surprise, it passed with flying colors! This year I am going to lose my vehicle because I can't afford to have a smog system installed. How can I keep my vehicle? I tried to contact the Dealer I had bought it from about this problem, and they say they never sold any small truck to me. I don't want to lose my truck, but I'm being forced to sell it now. Can anyone please help? Any suggestions, ideas, advice, or maybe an offer to buy my Isuzu pickup? HELP!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">