• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake coach purse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daughtercustody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

I want to know if i can sue a classmate, well back in August she came to me selling some coach purses, and I asked her if they were REAL, she responded yes, so I asked her again "No, really are the real or fake", she responded yes. So I bought the purse which she sold it to me for $60, which if it was fake you can get the same purse in LA(alleys) for no more that $20 the most. So I told my friends and family and they taught it was a great deal. So I bought her about 4 purses and told her that I would go to the store and make sure they are real, she said ok...So when I went to a Coach store they said "Negative, the type of purse coach never made, the stitching is not right, the logo on the purse is not ours" Well the purse was FAKE..
So I texted her and told her the purses were fake, and she texted back that they were real, and she would talk to me the next day at school.
So I had a conversation with her, I told her "if you would of told me this was a fake purse, then I know what I was getting,and you kept telling me it was real" she responded "it is I was told it is" so I resonded "we can both go to the store and they will tell us it's fake" pretty much I told her we need to work something out because what you sold me was not a real coach purse, and you lied to me. I told her I got two purses returned back to me so I would like to get reimbursed for them. She said she would see what she can do and will tell me by then end of this week.
I think that was really ****ty what she did to me, she made a good profit out of me, she should of just said they were replicas,and I would know they were fake. But I want to know if i cant take this to court, because I have proof of her saying they real which they aint, and i Can get proof from the stores to give me statements stating they are not real coach purses. So what can I do?????

DJV2

I think you will find the court filing fees to be more than the $160 (4 purses times 40 per purse) you would try to recoup.

Secondly, I'm not sure I would want to bring suit where the premise of the suit is you admitting to committing a crime - buying copy right infringed goods.

Isis1

i take it the OP completely missed the Tyra Banks show on how to spot a fake purse! she covered Coach bags too!

sandyclaus

Are you KIDDING me??

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

I want to know if i can sue a classmate, well back in August she came to me selling some coach purses, and I asked her if they were REAL, she responded yes, so I asked her again "No, really are the real or fake", she responded yes. So I bought the purse which she sold it to me for $60, which if it was fake you can get the same purse in LA(alleys) for no more that $20 the most. So I told my friends and family and they taught it was a great deal. So I bought her about 4 purses and told her that I would go to the store and make sure they are real, she said ok...So when I went to a Coach store they said "Negative, the type of purse coach never made, the stitching is not right, the logo on the purse is not ours" Well the purse was FAKE..
So I texted her and told her the purses were fake, and she texted back that they were real, and she would talk to me the next day at school.
So I had a conversation with her, I told her "if you would of told me this was a fake purse, then I know what I was getting,and you kept telling me it was real" she responded "it is I was told it is" so I resonded "we can both go to the store and they will tell us it's fake" pretty much I told her we need to work something out because what you sold me was not a real coach purse, and you lied to me. I told her I got two purses returned back to me so I would like to get reimbursed for them. She said she would see what she can do and will tell me by then end of this week.
I think that was really ****ty what she did to me, she made a good profit out of me, she should of just said they were replicas,and I would know they were fake. But I want to know if i cant take this to court, because I have proof of her saying they real which they aint, and i Can get proof from the stores to give me statements stating they are not real coach purses. So what can I do?????
A *REAL* Coach purse would cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. You paid only $60. So, the purse would have to be either stolen or fake to be offered at that price. (What, you expected the genuine article for 60 bucks??). Either way, you paid for what you got.

The person who sold it to you may have lied & said it was real, but honestly, you didn't have the money to spend on the real thing, so your expectations were WAY out of line!

Deal with it and grow up!

Antigone*

A *REAL* Coach purse would cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. You paid only $60. So, the purse would have to be either stolen or fake to be offered at that price. (What, you expected the genuine article for 60 bucks??). Either way, you paid for what you got.

The person who sold it to you may have lied & said it was real, but honestly, you didn't have the money to spend on the real thing, so your expectations were WAY out of line!

Deal with it and grow up!
I bought my latest Coach bag last week. It was $600. No way you could have ever gotten a real one for $60.

cyjeff

There have been a rash of these posts lately...

"I bought an illegal item or an item that I believed to be stolen but was ripped off. What can I do?"

When you knowingly engage in illegal activity, you take your chances....

You can no more sue about this than to call the police because the crack you bought wasn't pure enough.

TinkerBelleLuvr

It IS possible to buy the real deal for $60.00, but...

I purchase, on Black Friday, between the hours of 6 am and 7 am THREE coach purses at $60.00 a pop. I will admit they are small purses, but Coach none the less.

but outside of those incredibly stupid hours, NOPE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">