• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OH small claim for breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJV2

In Aug, 2006 I lent $8500 to a friend and his wife at 6.5% payable over 39 months. I have a signed contract, signed by the friend and his wife. After 8 payments they stopped making payments and will no longer respond to requests for payment. With accrued interest the open balance is about $7800.

Since there are 2 people on the contract can I name them independantly in 2 seperate suits, thereby attempting to recoup $6000 though small claims? The other option is to forgo the amount over $3000 and file in small claims by myself or hire an attorney and file a civil suit for the full amount? I have my doubts if this last option is financially feasible.

With a small claims judgement can I file post-judgment interrogatories to find out where they work?

I think I am inside the statute of limitations but should I go to small claims court does the amount of lapsed time hurt the case? I was going to "write off" the total amount as a loss and learn the lesson, never lend money, but with the current economic changes I am reconsidering that course of action.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">