• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Small claim the way to go?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

internut

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hi all,

My problem is with a LLC property company and the owner who I thought was a friend. Anyway I have done quite a few deals investing with him from $1k, $10k, $20k, and the largest $68k. All previous deals were paid back, interest always paid.

Well as the housing market sunk he got into a property where he took a loss on.

During the deal of the $68k which has been about 2 or so years now in agreement he has paid me $647 /mo for interest on the borrowed amount. Every month.

In February of this year he stopped paying me. He is avoiding any calls or e-mails from me. I'm wondering if he has just given up on trying to pay interest or re-paying the borrowed amount.

Is small claims the way to go? Where do I start?

I am now having to pay the interest on the money I borrowed personally and its not easy with no payment coming from the LLC / Owner.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hi all,

My problem is with a LLC property company and the owner who I thought was a friend. Anyway I have done quite a few deals investing with him from $1k, $10k, $20k, and the largest $68k. All previous deals were paid back, interest always paid.

Well as the housing market sunk he got into a property where he took a loss on.

During the deal of the $68k which has been about 2 or so years now in agreement he has paid me $647 /mo for interest on the borrowed amount. Every month.

In February of this year he stopped paying me. He is avoiding any calls or e-mails from me. I'm wondering if he has just given up on trying to pay interest or re-paying the borrowed amount.

Is small claims the way to go? Where do I start?

I am now having to pay the interest on the money I borrowed personally and its not easy with no payment coming from the LLC / Owner.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!
A $68,000 claim is WAY over the small claims limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">