• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor stressing me out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fati_jay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Is there anything legal to do about a neighbor who is constantly on the look out for any little reason to call the police on you? I have a neighbor who has called the police on me on 3 occassions this past week. Twice for having the ic on too loud according to her and today because my daughter was on the sidewalk walking behind her cat. I was watching her from my front door just a few steps away, but she must've not seen me there so she called the police. Saturday we had her birthday party, we're playing the musical chairs , the police arrive, claiming that a neighbor is complaining of too much noise. Lucky for me I had taken another neighbor's advice and went to get a noise permit, The police said everything was fine so they took off. Before that I had the radio on because I like to listen to music while I clean, And my doors and windows are closed but she called the police. When the police arrived (and this was around 11:45am) they told me that a neighbor was complaining about the music, I asked him if it was really that loud, he said well we can hear it here. Duh! They're right in front of my door of course they can hear it there. they're in my doorstep. This woman from where she lives couldn't possibly hear it unless she came outside and walked past my house. I really wish There's something I could do, just the thought of going through this for a long time stresses me out, I cant bbq or have friends over because Im gonna be worrying that she calls the police on us. My kids play outside on their trampoline they scream laugh fight cry, one of these days she's gonna call cps on me claiming she hears children crying and reporting possible child abuse. This woman has turned my dream of owning a house into a nightmare. She has cameras in every angle of her house. She has a really bright light that is in front of my bedroom window, I have that window with foil just so I can sleep at night because that light is so bright it's in our face all the time. Is there anything I can do or do I have to put up with this for as long as we own the house? It's not like I can just move out. We've saved all our lives to have something to call our own and this b!t** just comes and ruins our dreams?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

hendo2010

The cops will soon get tired of your pain in the ass neighbor waisting thier time, I am in the same boat with mine they just called the sheriff out do to me watering the lawn. Document everything when you have had enough get the checkbook out and hire a good lawyer , or at a miniumum have a 1/2 hour session with one.

Banned_Princess

The cops will soon get tired of your pain in the ass neighbor waisting thier time, I am in the same boat with mine they just called the sheriff out do to me watering the lawn. Document everything when you have had enough get the checkbook out and hire a good lawyer , or at a miniumum have a 1/2 hour session with one.
Its DUE to me watering my lawn.

drewguy

There are a lot of sick people out there. I've got a neighbor who complains about every last thing as well. No shame, apparently.

I would treat the cops as nicely as possible. If they say they can hear it ask them to walk outside with you, close the door, and see if they find it unreasonably loud.

After a few visits, you might suggest to the police that you and the officers have a discussion with the supervisor/chief because they seem to be coming out a lot for some pretty petty reasons and you're concerned about it.

Poster above is right--especially if it's a smaller town/PD they'll learn the neighbor is a crank and stop coming out, especially if you appear reasonable.

You could also crank the music for 20 minutes at a time, and then turn it down before the police arrive, just to antagonize her . . . :D

Banned_Princess

Actually "due to my watering my lawn."
LOL, no I think it is- due to me watering my lawn. - but it ha been years since HS English.

Ha ha ha.

I only had to say something because I must have read that sentence 5 times before I read it right. :)

No offense intended.

hendo2010

LOL, no I think it is- due to me watering my lawn. - but it ha been years since HS English.

Ha ha ha.

I only had to say something because I must have read that sentence 5 times before I read it right. :)

No offense intended.
Thanks for the Grammer lesson, I will work on it so my neighbor does not call the cops on me for bad spelling, :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">