• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car deal gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aerosean0430

Around the end of june i was looking for a car for my pregnant girlfriend. her friend happened to be selling her car. i knew it was a paerfect car, and her friend who we will call Jill reassured me that it was a great car and she has never had any problems with it. I was living in FL at the time and was about to move to GA. Jill and my girlfriend were living in KY. The car was in KY and registered in KY. Let me get to the point. Jill wanted $3000 for the car. At the end of June i gave her $2200 down and told her i would give her the rest when the car was switched over. Around the end of July i finally made it up to KY and tried to switch the car over. They signed the title over to my girlfriend and i and then they told us we would have to register it in GA. So we left and when i got in the car to leave i saw the title for the first time. it was a rebuilt title. Jill never told me or my girlfriend this. Jill said she told my girlfriend, but my girlfriend says other. Well i was already $2200 down so i just figured i would live with it. I paid jill the other $800 and got the car to GA. We went to register the car and they told us we needed an inspection. The car failed because it has welds on the frame that were not done properly. I told Jill and she is acting like its not her problem. All i want to know is is there anyway i can take her to court (if it comes to that) to get my money back and hse can keep the stupid car.

Mass_Shyster

i knew it was a paerfect car
That's a tough determination to make from three states away.

At the end of June i gave her $2200 down and told her i would give her the rest when the car was switched over
Probably not the best idea.

Jill said she told my girlfriend, but my girlfriend says other. Well i was already $2200 down so i just figured i would live with it.
So you made the final $800 payment knowing it had a rebuilt title.

I told Jill and she is acting like its not her problem.
Unless you have a warranty, it is not her problem.

All i want to know is is there anyway i can take her to court (if it comes to that) to get my money back and hse can keep the stupid car.
No for several reasons:

1) You have no standing to sue. It is your girlfriends car.

2) There is no lemon law for used cars in KY.

kellynov09

Hi,

There is no lemon law for used car. I think you should consult with your

attorney for better discussion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">