• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my dog back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erhollenbeck

I'm in NY state. Can someone please provide me with some legal advice and not just an opinion? My girlfriend and I bought a dog together last year where we both paid half him. Since then we have broken up and we were sharing the dog back and forth fine because we are attached to him. Lately she has decided not to give him back for the time I should get to spend with him. I contacted the breeder to see who the dog was sold to in her records and it states that the dog was sold to me and only me and has my phone number next to my name and a picture of the dog that we bought. I need some legal advice on if I will be able to get my dog back in small claims. If anyone can help that would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Antigone*

Can someone please provide me with some legal advice and not just an opinion? My girlfriend and I bought a dog together last year where we both paid half him. Since then we have broken up and we were sharing the dog back and forth fine because we are attached to him. Lately she has decided not to give him back for the time I should get to spend with him. I contacted the breeder to see who the dog was sold to in her records and it states that the dog was sold to me and only me and has my phone number next to my name and a picture of the dog that we bought. I need some legal advice on if I will be able to get my dog back in small claims. If anyone can help that would be very appreciated. Thank you.
No one can help you until you tell us what state you are in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">