• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BEING SUED FOR CONVENTIONAL OBLIGATION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TROY MOORE

i live in the state of louisiana
i am being sued for $4,460.17 by a previous employer
the suit was filed as a petition on conventional obligation
pursuant to the terms of verbal conventional obligation
the citation is asking for me to file an answer or other legal pleadings or a judgement will be entered against me

i was working for a large snack food company to help run a route delivering snacks. i was hired as a helper and was not assigned to a particular route. the company has a list of about 12 days where they say money is owed to them from this particular route for sales of products. all of the paper work that is used to sell these products is listed under the name of the salesperson that was assigned to this route and not under my name because i was just a helper and not responsible for the route or the money.

my question is how should i proceed in this case?

(1) can i file a answer or pleading stating that i am not responsible because this was not my route and not my responsibility

(2) what are the statute of limitations on this issue?
the money they say is owed has dates of 2/25/99, 3/5/99, 3/27/99, 6/21/99 to 7/2/99.
have the waited too long to recover

is it possible that i can file a answer or pleading my self or can this only be done with the assistance of an attorney?

thanks for any help you can give on this situation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">