• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

helping family gone wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

behizzle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
long story short. i had my in-laws come and live with me and supported them by helping them get a good job with great pay. i also stuck my neck out for him especially by buying a car in my name while he reimburses me the monthly payment while on top of that i purchased a att cell phone on a 2 yr contract to get him up and running. 6 months down the road he is cheating on the mother and stops paying on the cell phone which added to 1100 bucks which i didn't know about until the creditors called me and dropped my credit because of it. and also starts to not pay the car on time and threatens not to pay it any more. i pay the bill then he reimburses me until he started cheating.

my main concern is can i take away the car which has about 6000 left to pay off and sell it with out legal ramifications since it is in my name.

can i take him to small claims court for the 1100 with the bill and win (its a dumb question but i had to ask)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">