• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EDavis2498

Hello,

About a year ago I bought a used car. Due to little problems that bothered me I decided to trade in the car and get a new one, but when then ran a check on my car they said that it had been in a wreck. Now this made me really mad considering that when I bought the car from Tallahassee Chevorlet at a tent sale, I asked was there any thing wrong with the car, and they replied, "O no we have all these car check over." Now I'm wondering if I could may be file a class action or a civil suit aginst Tallahassee Chevrolet. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
E. Davis

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

EDavis2498 said:
Hello,

About a year ago I bought a used car. Due to little problems that bothered me I decided to trade in the car and get a new one, but when then ran a check on my car they said that it had been in a wreck. Now this made me really mad considering that when I bought the car from Tallahassee Chevorlet at a tent sale, I asked was there any thing wrong with the car, and they replied, "O no we have all these car check over." Now I'm wondering if I could may be file a class action or a civil suit aginst Tallahassee Chevrolet. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
E. Davis

My response:

No. Unless their statement was in writing on the contract of sale, then any oral statements they made to you have no validity.

Besides, you had an obligation to have the vehicle checked out by your own mechanic prior to purchase. If they were an "honest" dealership, they would have allowed you to do this first. If they wouldn't have allowed this procedure, then you should never have plunked down your money.

You're now stuck with the car, "as-is".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">