• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loud radio and car alarm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neighborisidiot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I live in a trailer park. My neighbors driveway and I are seperated by only 3-4 feet. Two of the neighbors are paying the rent and the third is just living there. The third has a car with a speaker in the trunk and all I hear on and off until quiet time at 9pm is thumping from it. Today I get treated to loud thumping and cussing. I've talked to him about the noise (he's 18 and couldn't care less), I've left complaints with our office (he doesn't listen to them), and I'm not sure it qualifies as a violation of the township ordinances because it's loud enough to annoy me but not the other neighbors. The two that are paying rent aren't the cause of the problem, but they haven't tried to stop him either. So what are my options short of moving?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My kid doesn't pay rent - are you saying he's not allowed to live in my house? :rolleyes:

And, what have the police said when you called in the complaint?

neighborisidiot

more info

My kid doesn't pay rent - are you saying he's not allowed to live in my house? :rolleyes:

And, what have the police said when you called in the complaint?
There is a boyfriend and girlfriend on the lease and mortgage. It's the brother of the girlfriend that is the problem. He is listed as tenant only, not on the mortgage papers or lease.

The police said they couldn't do anything unless other neighbors complained. So far I'm the only one who's complained on a regular basis because he's right next door. One other neighbor complained once to the office. I've tried talking with them until I thought I would scream. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">