• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$ from lawsuit for back injury??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dman

I injured my back in 1999 and they never did a MRI to reveal the damage, they just sent me back to work at full duty. During almost 2 years of constant pain finally the disc is completely wiped out and major back surgery needed. The worker's comp denied my claim saying it is a reoccurance. I got a injury lawyer and they say they can win. How much do you think I will win. I have had to pay for everything so far. The damage in 1999 is all documented in that specific area to the tee. The attorney said that all the reoccurance type problems are always denied. My buddy at work got $50,000.00 without a lawyer involved, he settled with the work comp., carrier.

Anybody have a idea????????

dman

E

EDITH CAGE

I also has a W/C case denied,living and working in durham, NC. I was restricted April 5, 2000. My supervisor gave me a hard time after the medical restrictions and I were in so
much pain, while still trying to do work. I had to leave the job a couple days later, due to pain.
So, I too have the medical opinions but have not received further medical treatment for 9 mos, and to no prevail I still hurt and attempt to work another "less demanding"job. I had to obtain an attorney, due to the production involved by the other parties "attorney's. And, it seem like the defense is trying to "out play" my attorney now, but canceling the mediation trail date. It is so "much" red tape for us to be properly treated and by law,
reimbursed from being "injuried at work". If you get your
acceptant? Please let us know!.

D

dman

$ for injury

I am in Greensboro. The lawyer said they will win. They don't take $ until they win. They said do you think we are going to waste our time and not win. We would never stay in business that way. I want to string these worker's comp carriers out by their you know what's. They are the worst.

Eric

A

alba

In workers compensation cases a re-injury cannot be denied even if the original injury was caused somewhere else. A workers Compensation attorney should have represented you. Settlements in workers compensation cases are prohibited but they do offer lump-sum payments, typically 5 yrs of compensation as a lumpsum. The get to that point you need to be classified as either being diagnosed by the Workers Compensation board doctors and judges as being permenent partial of permenent total disability.

I

injured back

i'm going through the same BS with my current job, back in august of 2000 i had fell due to the negligence of an outside contractor hired by the company i work for who installed non-standard stairs. when my human resources contact filed the injury report w/ the dept of labor they had lied about the type of stairs were involved, probably to avoid having OSHA getting involved. anyway, since day 1, my supervisors and coworkers have been harrassing and demanding me to go against my work restrictions, they can all suck my naughty spot!!! anyway, they have been writing me up for failing to do my job, etc...now that i have an attorney involved, they still put the pressure on me, i'm lucky if a even get a lunch break now. i'm running a manufacturing dept, but i cant even pick up a fire extinguisher if something were to catch on fire. i have no clue why i still go to work and do practically nothing. now they do things but dont leave a paper trail, i ask them specific questions as to why they hand out written warnings and suspensions from work, and they tell me "not to worry about it" well i had enough, i document everything, who said what? when? and where? i even got it on DAT, but they dont have a clue. just look out for yourself, get an attorney involved, and keep a level head.

C

CTmarcy

If you do hire an attorney ask around there are many attorneys out there in my opinion that are paid off by the insurance company, I'm in that situation right now.

E

EDITH CAGE

Maybe true!

The insurance company's, that suppose to operate by state and federal regulations for our rights. When we are injuried, is doing everything but......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">