• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced police entry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peewee

I live in a second story apartment where me and a friend were sitting while i had a cigarette. A couple of drunk fellows below started yelling up at us threatning us. So my friend yelled back and then we went inside becuase they were throwing stuff up at us. About 5 minutes later my roomate was about to come home. He had put his keys in the door then turned around because some cops were coming up the stairs. They asked him if there had been a fight, he told them no. Then they asked to come in so he asked them "how exactly can i help you?" Then one of the cops reached pass my roomate turned his keys, pushed open the door and barked at him get in and sit over here. They said "Mesa PD" as they started walking in. I had saw a friends pipe on the table so i slapped it under the couch. They found it and said that legally its mine as soon as i touch so im going to get charged with paraphenelia. Also i was drinking a beer at the time so they asked if i had been drinking and i admited to drinking about 1/4 a beer cuz thats all i had drinken so far. The only person they handcuffed was me even though my roomate admitted to drinking the same amount but came up as .00. They gave me a breathalizer and it came up .02 according to them. The cop told me 2 options- A) I go to jail or B) I tell them where the mariajauna is at. But nobody in our apartment had any drugs. They kept asking me and i kept telling them there wasnt any then finally he said something like that was the wrong or answer or bad answer.
They took off my cuffs and gave me a court date for the drinking and told me the other charge would arrive later. He was basically going around looking for stuff to bust me on. Even checking to see that i was legal age to own cigarettes which is kinda weird considering i have an apartment or had, the apartments are also kicking us out because of the cops coming. As the cops left they said "pleasure doing business with you" then one came up 10 minutes later because he forgot to give back my license.

Sorry this is so long but i dont know what to do cuz im just 19 and young people seem to get treated poorly by police. Can it be fought?

Mesa, AZ

L

lawrat

When I was your age, I was a senior in College. You are not too young to understand being around drugs (even if not yours) can ONLY lead to trouble.

So what do you do? You hire a lawyer to fight this as: no warrant to enter the building to search, no emergency circumstances to allow them to just walk in, no consent to let them in the house. As a result, anything they found, to charge you with, should be thrown out. Then when that is dismissed, you find a drug free roomie, stop drinking beer before you are 21 (BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL, Even if you can hold your alcohol) and move on.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">