• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence maintenance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

todds89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

About a year ago, we had our lot surveyed and placed a privacy fence about 6" in from the line. Our property is enclosed but my neighbor to the west is not enclosed.

We'd like to have the fence stained but our neighbor on that side is - to put in midly - crazy.

My contractor will need to enter her property to wash/stain the fence.

What do I have to do to notify her? Having a conversation is not going to happen. Is there such thing as a "maintenance easement" that allows me rights? Our HOA (homeowners association) has been no help.

Just last week, we had some trees trimmed along the line in the front of the property and she came out yelling at the workers who were maybe a foot on her property. I'm just afraid that she would call the police or something like that.

We are just trying to keep our lot maintained.

Thanks

HuAi

You can't tresspass on the neighbor's property without his or her permission. Perhaps you can talk to her and point out that washing the side of the fence facing their yard is in their interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">