• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damaged front yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alahlaf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

A builder constructed a new house just across from our house. During construction, one of his subs ( a trucking company) drove over my lawn and damaged my lawn and the sprinkler system. The builder refused to fix and indicated I should go after the trucking company. The latter is not answering my phone calls of fax communications.

What should I do? Is a lien against the builder the fastest inexpensive way to get my lawn repaired.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

Is a lien against the builder the fastest inexpensive way to get my lawn repaired.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No. That is about the slowest method, if successful at all.

Sue the builder AND his sub in small claims court if the amount of damage will fit within the restrictions of SCC.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'd have to add - in your suit, also include the owner of the house that is under construction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">