• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notice to appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

medgas

state - florida

I have received a notice to appear for pretrial conference. Even though I feel I could win this case, I don't feel it is from a financial standpoint to go court for a filing of $1,400.00. What are the consequences to my company and my plumbing license if I don't show. This is small claims court.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

medgas said:
state - florida

I have received a notice to appear for pretrial conference. Even though I feel I could win this case, I don't feel it is from a financial standpoint to go court for a filing of $1,400.00. What are the consequences to my company and my plumbing license if I don't show. This is small claims court.

My response:

This is a "weeding out" process instituted by the courts to cut down on court congestion. You don't show up, you lose.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">