• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Window Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zino

Hello, Could someone give me some info on a Small Claims suit? I had all new replacement windows installed By US Window Factory. Prior to this I had no leaks. Two days after the windows were installed I had a leak (2nd floor window leaking on to the ceiling downstairs. I called the company the came back about 3 times re caulked, re caped the windows ect.. still leaking. Called BBB and Consumer Affairs, Consumer Affairs made them come back twice and try and fix the leaking. I hired someone else to try and fix it $350.00 when they took out the window found it was insulated with paper towels. Well they reduced the leak but didn’t cure it. Now not even a year later I have 3 windows leaking. My new ceiling has to be replaced and I have to get these leaks fixed. How do I prove my case in court? I already sent them a letter stating that I want to be reimbursed for these problems, they did not respond and that was when I only had one window leak now there’s three.
Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zino said:
Hello, Could someone give me some info on a Small Claims suit? I had all new replacement windows installed By US Window Factory. Prior to this I had no leaks. Two days after the windows were installed I had a leak (2nd floor window leaking on to the ceiling downstairs. I called the company the came back about 3 times re caulked, re caped the windows ect.. still leaking. Called BBB and Consumer Affairs, Consumer Affairs made them come back twice and try and fix the leaking. I hired someone else to try and fix it $350.00 when they took out the window found it was insulated with paper towels. Well they reduced the leak but didn’t cure it. Now not even a year later I have 3 windows leaking. My new ceiling has to be replaced and I have to get these leaks fixed. How do I prove my case in court? I already sent them a letter stating that I want to be reimbursed for these problems, they did not respond and that was when I only had one window leak now there’s three.
Thank you
My response:

Bring your paid invoices to Small Claims court, along with invoices from other vendors and repair persons, along with pictures of the problems, and subpoena the other repair persons for live testimony.

Or, you could press "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and restart Windows;

Or you could install Windows ME (Millenium Edition) and get rid of your memory leak problems altogether.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">