• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

about to be fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkebler

WI-I am about to be fired from a factory for a substance abuse policy violation, submitted to bac test under duress, either do it or you are fired, my supervisor told me to take the test and he will "take care of it" did I seal my fate? any recourses? my supervisor backs me but the higher ups don't, will it also deny me unemployment benefits, should I not sign anything?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Drug testing

First of all, I certainly don't know the laws of WI regarding employment law. So it will be best to speak to a local one just to be sure. Second, whether the drug testing was valid per your state law, that you will have to find out. Third, the employer is certainly allowed to terminate employees who test positive for drugs, so I don't see any unlawful employment practice. Last, you will probably be denied unemployment benefits since your reason for no longer being employed is due to your criminal conduct of drug use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">