• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmans Comp returning to work release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flamingo74

Iowa.
I had anterial fusion and the Doctor has released me to go back to work. My work has sent me to worksteps, which this is where they send new hires and I have been with this company for 15 years. Worksteps tells me I failed the test. I have to strengthen my neck and back. The part I failed was I only lifted 35 pounds from the floor comfortably and they told me I should be lifting 95 pounds from the floor. I told them I felt this was a company safety hazard lifting 95 pounds from the floor. I may not be in shape, but I was not is shape when I transferred to this job, one year ago, and now they are telling me I have to be in shape to return to my job which is the same one I was injured on. Can the company really expect a person to lift 95 pounds from the floor, one manning it?
Loretta

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">