• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost contract - but plenty of email correspondence (CA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gteam3

I'm in California.

So I've lost a contract. This has NEVER happened to me. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it got stolen with other things in my trunk when my car was in impound after being in an accident.

The problem is that the client might try to not pay/underpay according to our contract's terms.

What I DO have is email correspondence of him saying what he chose to go with in the contract, I have email correspondences that show that I sent the contract, have the actual contract attached in the email (so the actual contract being discussed is verified), I have him saying he received it, an email saying that we'll meet at X time and sign, then emails now with him saying "I'm looking at the contract in front of me" after we would have signed it.

So my question is if (in the state of California) any of this is binding, I'm completely screwed, or something in the middle?

I seriously appreciate any input :)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">