• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked car got damaged in barfight. Who should pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melanie84

Washington State:
There was a bar fight outside my work one night when I was on shift and my parked car got significantly scratched down the side. I saw the fight as did 2 other witnesses and I know all who was involved. Are they all responsible? Can I sue just one of them? I am getting ready to start a civil suit in small claims because they are just all pointing fingers at each other and I do not know who I should start it on and what kind of evidence I will need.

You Are Guilty

Washington State:
There was a bar fight outside my work one night when I was on shift and my parked car got significantly scratched down the side. I saw the fight as did 2 other witnesses and I know all who was involved. Are they all responsible? Can I sue just one of them? I am getting ready to start a civil suit in small claims because they are just all pointing fingers at each other and I do not know who I should start it on and what kind of evidence I will need.
Sue them all.

JKBee

Make sure to get some really, really good pictures of the car's damage. And then yes, sue them all.... after you get some good estimates for the repair so you know how much to sue them for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">