• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing to remove negative account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmagoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
For several years I was disenfranchised by NC and VA CSE agencies for phantom child support arrears of 20K. Among several actions this included negative reporting to bureaus. Ex: 120 days late - 60 mos or more...

Just over the past year I've gotten an order stating the arrears do not exist and I was paying on time and a subsequent order terminating child support. VA CSE was presented with certified copy of the order and have zeroed the balance out when in fact they should have deleted the account from records

Instead of deleting the account with CRA's, they zeroed the balance and left the negative reporting in place when it should have been removed. I'm really considering taking them to small claims court and suing to remove the negative account from their records and credit bureaus. I would appreciate any advice and tips on successfully executing this.

Thanks!

JETX

I'm really considering taking them to small claims court and suing to remove the negative account from their records and credit bureaus. I would appreciate any advice and tips on successfully executing this.
Simple answer.... you can't do it.

Small claims court is for MONETARY issues only.

mrmagoo

JETX, thanks for your insight. Would you have to know what
other remedies or recourse I can take to get this negative account removed?

JETX

JETX, thanks for your insight. Would you have to know what other remedies or recourse I can take to get this negative account removed?
Very simple. Avail yourself of your right to request a review of the issue with the FCRA in WRITING.... and if they refuse to remove (since the report is accurate), you can submit a WRITTEN statement of your own.

How to Dispute Credit Report Errors
How to Dispute Credit Report Errors

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">