• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

couples vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pacothetaco

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

6 months ago i made reservations for a cruise with woman i was seeing at the time. we decided to each pay half for the trip. she no longer wanted to be with me. The travel agency cannot refund the money at this time. if taken to court will i have to give the amount she paid for the trip back? also she did not pay through the travel agency she simply gave me a check for the amount to be deposited into my account.

thanks for any advise!

Last edited:

JETX

if taken to court will i have to give the amount she paid for the trip back?
Did you send her the tickets and other 'paid items'? If so, then you would not be liable for her decision to not use the tickets.
However, if you still have them (bad decision!!), you could be responsible for failing to mitigate the damages by trying to sell them.

A court would review the OVERALL facts, as to what 'agreement' was made and by whom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">