• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work not paid for $150 Worth going to Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bonejaw

Hello all,

This is in Louisiana , New Orleans.
About a month ago i powder coated a bike frame for a client and the work was to cost him $150. After the work was done client picked up his bike frame, but never sent a check in for payment. The only information i have on this client is his first and last name along with a cell phone number. I have no clue where he live if its in the city or a surrounding area. I have tried calling him several time but he never answered so i left a couple messages. Thats pretty much it.

I was wondering how much it would cost me to track him down by his cell phone number and bring him to court. Is this even possible? How much time would it take? Or any other advice.

sandyclaus

Hello all,

This is in Louisiana , New Orleans.
About a month ago i powder coated a bike frame for a client and the work was to cost him $150. After the work was done client picked up his bike frame, but never sent a check in for payment. The only information i have on this client is his first and last name along with a cell phone number. I have no clue where he live if its in the city or a surrounding area. I have tried calling him several time but he never answered so i left a couple messages. Thats pretty much it.

I was wondering how much it would cost me to track him down by his cell phone number and bring him to court. Is this even possible? How much time would it take? Or any other advice.
There's a few information sites out there that you can pay to obtain name & address info on cell phone numbers, google them to see what they charge. Some are like $40 but I have no clue if the info would be valid, helpful, or even accurate.

My other advice to you is NOT to give someone free work. If you had their bike, why on earth did you release it without getting payment first?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">