• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The goggles do nothing!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX and NY

Has anyone seen this case about the smoking lawsuit?

Dallas woman fuming over smoking neighbor at complex | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

I was hoping y'alls legal minds could speculate about what that would mean in New York.

Myself and my girlfriend smoke in our rented apartment (smoking permitted)

Could our neighbors get in our faces with an injunction like this, or is all this just because of a feud between rich people?

Country Living

What a sensitive subject! All you get from me is a nice story. :)

We rented an upstairs apartment (two-story apartments) in the early 1980s in San Antonio. The people downstairs smoked. We didn't.

The smoke would come up from their bathroom through whatever "ventilation" was in place into my bathroom. We had to close off that bathroom and leave the fan running 24 hours a day to try to keep the smoke out of the rest of the apartment. Thank goodness we had two bathrooms.

No matter how hard we tried to keep the smoke out of the rest of the apartment it still got in our clothes, furniture, and we could smell it. We couldn't even open the windows on nice days to air out the apartment because the people in the downstairs apartment would smoke on their patio.

We moved the day our lease was up (the apartment manager would not relocate us). Our solution was to buy a house to make sure we never had that problem in the future.

Mass_Shyster

What a sensitive subject! All you get from me is a nice story. :)

We rented an upstairs apartment (two-story apartments) in the early 1980s in San Antonio. The people downstairs smoked. We didn't.

The smoke would come up from their bathroom through whatever "ventilation" was in place into my bathroom. We had to close off that bathroom and leave the fan running 24 hours a day to try to keep the smoke out of the rest of the apartment. Thank goodness we had two bathrooms.

No matter how hard we tried to keep the smoke out of the rest of the apartment it still got in our clothes, furniture, and we could smell it. We couldn't even open the windows on nice days to air out the apartment because the people in the downstairs apartment would smoke on their patio.

We moved the day our lease was up (the apartment manager would not relocate us). Our solution was to buy a house to make sure we never had that problem in the future.
I realize this is probably almost thirty years too late, but....

If you had turned the fan around, and sucked outside air into the bathroom, it would have pushed the air into the downstairs apartment, preventing the smoke from coming upstairs.

Country Living

I wish I would have known that all those years ago. This suggestion can be your gift to all apartment dwellers who find themselves in the same situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">