• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T billing practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natulyok

State: NJ

A friend of mine got a call from AT&T rep, who signed him up for a new promotion AT&T was running. Then, my friend gets a HUGE bill with no sign of promised rates. One of AT&T managers agreed to TRY and lower a bill a little saying that my friend must have misunderstood the conditions of the service (which is total BS). Anyway, except for complaining to the BBB, is there ANYTHING he could do?
I heard that AT&T is becoming famous for practices like this, no wonder they are losing customers!

Thanks.

G

Georgana Chastang

What I did to AT&T

In FL. AT&T did somewhat the same thing to me. What I did, was contact a Supervisor, (they're higher up than Managers). I told them basically the same as what happened to you, and they refused to pay initially. I told them I'd file a complaint with the FCC, and anyone else who'd listen, and where they first agreed to give partial credit, I never gave up and received full credit. Keep hounding them, they'll pay up! And good luck. (Just another one caught in their web.)

[Edited by Georgana Chastang on 03-22-2001 at 03:19 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">