• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for no reason given

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bjm1955

i live in ohio
my father was in the hospital for urgent surgery, my 70 year old mother does not drive. i took 3 days off to provide transportation and support, which i notified my supervisor of each day that i was absent from work. Upon my return, i notified her that i wanted the 3 days to be considered FMLA. I was given no paperwork to fill out, and was subjected to a barrage of questions from her and the plant manager. the next day, they came to me and told me that the leave did not fall under FMLA guidelines. i asked for a written determination, and was told they did not have to give me one. right before lunch, i was called into the office and told that i was being fired. when i asked if this was because i asked for FMLA leave, the plant manager told me "no reason given".

M

mary hartman

As long as you were NOT getting paid for those 3 days...then I would tell them you will find a labor lawyer today and will be seeking compensation from them for illegal termination.

A

Attorney_Replogle

FMLA

Providing that you meet the requirements for coverage under the FMLA, that Act provides you with unpaid leave for care of a parent, spouse, or child. So your situation for care of the father would apply here. Do contact an employment law attorney near you for further advice. You should be able to find one near you at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">