• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mill75518

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
We have lived in this house for 3 1/2 years. Since moving in I have witnessed a neighbor,that lives across the street, blowing his grass clippings and leaves across the street and into our yard. I asked him to stop and was told no. Talked to Home Owners Association, no luck. Any legal suggestions?

Mass_Shyster

We have lived in this house for 3 1/2 years. Since moving in I have witnessed a neighbor,that lives across the street, blowing his grass clippings and leaves across the street and into our yard. I asked him to stop and was told no. Talked to Home Owners Association, no luck. Any legal suggestions?
Sure,

You can sue your neighbor for the cost of removing and disposing of the grass clippings from your yard.

drewguy

He told you "no"? That's pretty brazen--"I'm going to keep blowing leaves and grass all the way across the street into your yard"

I would say blow 'em back, including your leaves in the pile.

Mass_Shyster

He told you "no"? That's pretty brazen--"I'm going to keep blowing leaves and grass all the way across the street into your yard"

I would say blow 'em back, including your leaves in the pile.
OP asked for legal suggestions, not illegal suggestions.

Alex23

First things first. You need video evidence of this happening or no one is going to believe you. Since it's autumn, now, you should have lots of opportunities. Don't let the neighbor see you our he may try to fight you, and you don't want that (but if it does happen, make sure you have a backup camera man to get it all on video).

I'm looking forward to seeing it on youTube.

Cedrus

Does not your HOA have written by-laws or CC&R's to prohibit leaving yard waste out in the open or anything else that would cover your problem?

mill75518

Thank you to all that have responded. The following is an update.

Contacted the HOA President, he is to take it to the board in 1-2 weeks, but also said that no one on the other streets would care if my neighbor (term used loosely)blows leaves into my yard or not. So, I am not expecting anything from the HOA. I also told the HOA President that I do have video of him doing this, this may help.....
I have also posted a question to a legal website ( you make a small payment for an attorney to answer your question). The attorney suggested I contact the County for any ordinances on lawn waste disposal and if that didn't work then call the County Sheriff for help and to be sure that I tell them that I have the act on video. We do not live in the city limits, so it falls on the county ordinances.

HomeGuru

**A: sure, you can call the cops. You can hire an attorney and file a TRO. You can hire Bruno to pay him a visit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">