• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Am Being Sued ? ! But for What ? !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boxermomma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I sold a home to a older lady in "as is" condition but she is now sueing me because she had to do repairs supposely on appliance, etc. When I moved out of the home everything was in working order. And I had two pieces of furniture that she wanted and I gave them to her, she is now using that as well in her suit, "she had to remove items left behind". Do you think that she has a leg to stand on ? the sums says she has a itemized repair bill or estimate to show to the judge ? But, as long as my Bill of Sale shows "As IS' am I in the clear ?

FlyingRon

Houses are sold "as is" by default. Unless the defect preexisted and you knew about it and didn't disclose it, she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Houses (we're talking about a real house not a trailer right?) aren't usually sold with a bill of sale.

boxermomma

It was a mobile home my husband and I lived in for almost 8 years w/ our children as well, so our home was completely livable and everything was in working order especially since we had children !

So, she is stating "after they moved everything was broken, holes in wall, furance & air broken, run had to be replaced, oven broken, door broke, bath tub, etc. remove items left behind"

And the funny thing is she sent this summons over year after she purchased the home.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">