• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Praecipe to Satify Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linkded

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania (Allegheny County)

I have recently won a judgement against PNC bank and they are in the process of settling with me. However, they have asked me to sign a Praecipe to Satisfy Judgement and fax it to them before they will cut my check. Is this normal procedure or are they trying to be "shifty" with me?

My thought on the matter is that once I sign this, it states that the matter is settled and they can take as long as they want to cut my check. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for any help!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania (Allegheny County)

I have recently won a judgement against PNC bank and they are in the process of settling with me. However, they have asked me to sign a Praecipe to Satisfy Judgement and fax it to them before they will cut my check. Is this normal procedure or are they trying to be "shifty" with me?

My thought on the matter is that once I sign this, it states that the matter is settled and they can take as long as they want to cut my check. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for any help!
**A: no the procedure is backwards. You ge the money, then you sign a satisfaction of judgement.

latigo

Agreed.

I would only trust a banker as far as I could throw him off of the top of his ivory tower.

If the exchange can’t be done vis-à-vis, then I would have it done the through the escrow department of your bank.

You to deposit the signed praecipe with your bank with instructions that it be released to PCN only upon receipt of a certified check payable to your order.

If PNC won’t agree to it, plus pay any fees, tell them to expect a visit from the sheriff with a Writ of Execution in hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">