• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false arrests and malicious prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bensimcha

I was arrested last June in my home without a warrarnt based on an unsubstantiated complaint. when the police arrived there was evidence of anyone in danger or any crime in progress. Furthermore the complaint was later doctored up at the DA's office changing the entire senario and adding several additional charges. The case was dismissed last January. Can I still sue the police and DA's office and complainants? Can I sue in Federal court? Can I file the case without a Lawyer? I live in New york City.

K

kiki

I suggest you talk to a lawyer. If you have a case, he/she will most likely take it on a contingency basis. If the lawyer won't take it on contingengy, most likely you don't have much of a case. Remember, the game of "law" is about money, not justice.

kiki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">