• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination because of pregnancy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

burchweed

Florida - we are an at will state, or at least company, and I was let go after 10 1/2 years, with the official reason being 'downsizing' However, a guy was hired a few months ago who will be taking over my responisbilities, and I feel that the real reason may be because the company is aware that I am trying to become pregnant - I was pregnant in October but miscarried, and they know I am trying - I MAY even be pregnant again, but it is too early to tell, so they would not have known that, just that I am trying. Is it worth pursuing any legal action? Thanks

A

Attorney_Replogle

I would want more evidence as to the employer's intent in your layoff and the pregnancy issue. When you do consult with an employment law attorney near you, he/she should want names, dates, places, witnesses regarding the employer's statements and or actions about you and or pregnancy in general. Whether it is worth it to pursue this is ultimately up to you. You should be able to find one near you at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">