• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won court case only partial payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marino13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I won a judgement in a small claims court in which the defendant has not paid in full. Then I reopen the case, which at that time the defendant sent me partial payment. After no other payments, I called the court house again, he then at that time filled out the required fact information sheet and submitted. On that fact information sheet he also neglected to list one of his primary businesses. He also included a copy of a second check which of coarse I never received. I would like to know what is my next step and how to proceed. This is not the first time the defendant has been sued and lost. This is a matter of principle. I will not rest until justice is done.

Thank you

JETX

I would like to know what is my next step and how to proceed.
There are LOTS of possible 'steps' you can take. Which is the best or next one depends on LOTS of things that only you know.

I suggest you get a book, 'How to Win in Small Claims in Florida'
* Pub. Date: August 2002
* Publisher: Sourcebooks, Incorporated
* Format: Paperback, 176pp
* Series: Legal Survival Guides Series
* ISBN-13: 9781572482043
* ISBN: 1572482044

It will have LOTS of 'steps' you can take... and how to take them.
Or, you can contact:
Enforce My Judgment State Index

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">