• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lack of notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quimby75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska
So i was out of town working when a summons to appear was delivered to my house ,well long story short i didn't respond to it in the allotted time ,so a default judgment was entered against me.My question is if it is a default judgment does that allow them to seize my bank account without sending me a notice to levy or even a copy of the judgment.

racer72

My question is if it is a default judgment does that allow them to seize my bank account without sending me a notice to levy or even a copy of the judgment.
Yes it does. Folks that know about pending levies have a tendency to empty their bank accounts, this makes collecting debts rather difficult. The surprise method is legal and works much better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">