• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend never paid 5,000 back-HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Hi, I made a truly stupid mistake, one that I will never live down. My good friend kept pressuring me to buy him a trail bike which cost $5,000. One night when I was very ill he insisted on going to the bike shop. I agreed and said I would pay $1,000 toward it and he would pay me back little by little. When we got to the shop , I felt so ill that I couldn't even get up to sign the receipt for the bike. He made me give him my credit card. The bike shop people saw what condition I was in and never even asked for ID when signing. I thought he charged like $400, not $4,800! I regretted the the mistake the moment I left the shop. I Tried on several attempts to get the money back. He promised he would have it , but never delivered, and now he has no job. Since this happened Sept 3, 2009 is there any hope of making him responsible for the payments. I know , I was a stupid, idiot. Any advice would so greatly be appreciated. PS I wanted to call the police, but was told not to by so call friends Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">