• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-boyfriend owes money, do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjean1974

What is the name of your state (Pennsylvania)

I was seeing someone for several months and I ended up loaning him quite a bit of money, in addition to purchasing a tv and xbox for him with my cc. EVERYTHING was a loan, since he was down and out and I was trying to help him til he could get back on his feet.
Long story short, he ended up seeing someone else behind my back, moving to Philadelphia with the new girl and still owes me on everything! I don't have his address and I want to take him to court. I have receipts and bank account transactions from my account to his, as well as him stating he will pay me back for the tv and loans. Do I have a case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I was seeing someone for several months and I ended up loaning him quite a bit of money, in addition to purchasing a tv and xbox for him with my cc. EVERYTHING was a loan, since he was down and out and I was trying to help him til he could get back on his feet.
Long story short, he ended up seeing someone else behind my back, moving to Philadelphia with the new girl and still owes me on everything! I don't have his address and I want to take him to court. I have receipts and bank account transactions from my account to his, as well as him stating he will pay me back for the tv and loans. Do I have a case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Sure, why not.

Proserpina

Do you have proof it was a loan and not a gift?

(receipts and bank account statements cannot prove the money was loaned as opposed to gifted)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">