• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona Hirihng and Firing Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mitica100

Hi to everyone,

I am an Administrative Assistant being hired on a temp-to-hire basis and through a temp agency. I was looking for a full time position but I needed some money (who doesn't when not finding work?...) and was offered this temp-to-hire position. My understanding as well as the Temp agency's understanding was that this position WAS being offered to a temp, after which they would say 'YEA or NAY', whether I'd get the job or not. I have worked very hard, putting in extra time (shorter lunch breaks) to be able to offer not only a very good impression but also to make sure they like me in this particular job. Which they did, I have been told so by many employees and bosses. Yet, today I find out that the job has been offered to someone else, from the outside. I wouldn't be as upset as I am now if I did not turn down another job offer which came during my employment with this firm, offer which I turned down knowing that I have a very good chance to win the position that I am working now (until tomorrow).

My question is, basically, whether I have or not have any grounds for a legal suit on the following reasons:

a) I have been employed as a Temp-to-Hire;
b) the Temp Agency which hired me also knew it was a Temp-to-Hire position;
c) Loss of income from another potential job offer which I turned down;
d) misrepresentation on the company's part (the one I work at until tomorrow) when it comes to the job description.

Please help me if you can.

Thank you.

C.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I will assume that AZ law is close enough to CA law to advise you here. From what you stated to us all at this board, there is no unlawful employment discrimination/action taken against you such as to give you a legal reason to sue the employer and or temp agency. You are surely welcome to email an AZ employment law attorney to get a second opinion. You should be able to do that via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">