• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Little Guy -VS- Corporate Bully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Legalese77

Let me reiterate, I am an Asian male and I used to work for Firm A. My supervisor was an Italian woman who seemed to just hate me for no reason whatsoever. The office manager saw this so called "personality conflict" and tried to move me to another department within the Firm. The office manager later told me that the change would make the Firm look bad. I chose to leave and the office manager made an oral agreement with me stating that he would not divulge any information as to why I left if any future employers were to call the Firm for a reference check. A few months later I had an impressive interview with Firm B. Firm B conducted a reference check with Firm A and never called me back. I found out from an Attorney (friend of mine) who works within Firm B that Firm A had made it sound as if I were fired. Do I have a law suit on the grounds of discrimination, breach of promise and libel? If so, should i go ahead and hire a pretend employer to conduct a tape recorded reference check with Firm A? What should I do?

Sincerely,
Jobless In New York

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">