• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildcherry76

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My boyfriend and I have a vehicle that in both of our names. His name is listed first and my name is listed second. I traded in my car, paid the down payment, have made ALL payments, paid the taxes, and kept the insurance on it since it was purchased in march of 2008. We did this because I needed a better car and we planned to marry. Now, we are not going to get married and are not getting along. We live together and he manipulates me with the vehicle. If I do not do what he wants he threatens to move out and take the car because he knows that is the only transportation I have. He has another vehicle that is in his name. I am fine with him moving out but I need the car to get to work and kids to school. I have tried to refinance it but that is not possible. I do not have the ability to get a personal loan to pay it off. I feel that I am stuck and my children are miserable. What can I do to get custody of the car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">