• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change In Job Responsibilites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robert Flynn

I live and work in Massachusetts. Six months ago left my job of 20 years to take a position at another company. The position applied for and accepted was a "debug tech" which is troubleshooting electronic circuit boards. Since that time things have slowed considerably and now I am no longer doing the debug job but instead I am doing a job requiring no skills and is very boring. The company has had layoffs but for whatever reason I was not laid off. I asked to be laid off since the job I was hired to do isn't what I am doing now but my employer declined. Do I have any rights in this matter? I am 49 and the oldest and the highest paid of the debug techs, are they just trying to force me to quit? Thanks for any advice.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You have no right to be fired in order to collect unemployment compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">