• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied payment of accrued paid days off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BLF 0413

I recently left an employer for another healthcare facility. The hospital required a 30 day notice. I had discussed my plan to leave with another employee 2 days prior to intending to see the department manager. When I went in to give the notice on what would have been day #30, my manager had taken the day off, and there is no assistant manager available to talk to. My co-worker who was also working that day asked if I was successful in meeting with her- and I told her of her absence and that I left a dated note saying that I came in to see her and that I would be back he next day and it was important that I speak to her. The employer is now saying that I didn't work the required notice even though the manager admits that I was there to see her on day #30. Am I entitled to payment?

A

Attorney_Replogle

By law you are entitled to be paid your agreed upon rate/salary for all hours worked. Regardless if you did or didn't follow internal company policy regarding advance notice of the last day of work. OK?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">