• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trashy annoying neighbor and my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostnlegalworld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nc. My new neighbors are getting SEVERELY on my every last nerve! from the get go! They have been here only a few months. I want legal advice before i lose it! 1st they have biggest lot on my road yet take their dog "out" on my brothers land. They stopped. Then they remove big rocks placed to outline my brothers property (my husband did it. We basically take care of that land it is adjacent to ours) and put on their property. i yelled at them to put it back and they did. I showed them the boundary lines and she said she didn't know. They park occasionally on my brothers land without asking. Also go on my sisters land and pick berries without permission. I figure this is all "petty " little stuff and let it go but made me wonder what goes on that i don't see. Am i responsible to watch my neighbors every move? I have a job! I don't got time for this!
It gets worse! They have young children and this was a great neighborhood! Kids come and play and mine go and play but only after invitations and/or being outside playing decide to play together. Now her kids are always here! I come home they are riding bikes on my land. If they see any of my children outside for literally 10 seconds they run down here to them. She only has custody of 2 kids on weekends (not sure why she lost full custody!) So i learned limit outdoor time on weekends to keep down the visitors! 1 kid he does have full custody is constantly hurting my kids(minor like light kick), getting kicked out of school, etc. Now the adult female is constantly calling and txting my underage daughter. Encouraging her to talk to her boyfriend, asking how my kids r and hopefully they can play this weekend with the 2 kids etc. I finally txt her with my daughters phone and said stop! Adults should not be talking to kids period! She said ok.
Basically i'm fed up! I'm stressed and this does not help! Can i have them kicked out?? how do i find out why she lost custody of her own kids? I don't know if they are just bad neighbors with no manners or psycho going to molest my kids? I keep a good eye on my kids but what about when i have to go potty or answer phone? I can't take them with me to the bathroom!

lostnlegalworld

ok. you took me wrong. I am sorry i sound bad in this but it all added up. Our neighborhood we get along with everyone. the ones thats been here forever and new ones. I got no problem typically with kids playing together. Its just repeatedly every day. If any 1 of my children go outside at all they are here. If we walk to the car to leave they are here. If we pull up I can't even open my car door before they are there asking to play. I'm not nosy with any other neighbor. I could care less about their personal stuff until she said she lost custody and all of a sudden my daughter is getting txt and calls she feels she has to lie to me about it. Everything I caught her doingby accident. i wasn't spying. Such as I was getting in my car parked looking at my brothers land and see the dog. I happened to be taking in groceries and heard a noise turned my head and saw them moving the big size rocks we bought and placed to their property. We have been missing alot of stuff lately from paper to expensive tools. You got to understand it is something everyday with them. It made me blow up on here! The reason her son was kicked out of school was throwing sharp objects at my son on the bus, kicking my son in the bathroom, Along with other stuff. And it does not stop. such as boundaries just 2 days ago they parked on my lawn. They have at least 24 ft of their own driveway. I was just trying to make my point without going on and on. I'm not the only neighbor having issues. All the kids are now playing inside more. I'm asking what to do to be able to let my kids get a life back. Without worrying quiet so much.

Banned_Princess

Well, as far as something you can do legally.. there is nothing. They are the new neighbors, and they may not be stable enough to stay long.

If the cars are on your property, call the police, you may be able to get it towed after the police warn them enough.

Theres nothing you can do about the kids wanting to play, you can just tell the kids they need to be invited up your driveway.

If the lady continues to act inappropretely with your daughter complain to the police.

When big things are missing out of your yard or whatever, call the police. Put sensor lights or cameras around to catch the thief in the act.

lighten up, they may not be able to stay long. I have had unruley neighbors move in and out of my neighborhood fast, so you never know.

PS I totally get your irritated, new people irritate me too. And the son on the bus and in school thing is disturbing, have you spoke to the mom about it?
Whatever, the cops are always there to help settle big important disputes, and if you can prove there stealing (Via tape) you can press charges and small claims there a$$.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">