• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA battle, need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgambler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

It's taken us a few years, but we have finally started mobilizing like-minded homeowners in our neighborhood and have them fired up. We successfully obtained over 33% "no" votes on a current resolution (quite a feat in that we live in a VERY large neighborhood).

So, the questions I have are thus:

* Our annual elections are in a few months, what sort of dirty tricks can I expect from the current board and management company to try and remain in power?

* Any good advice, tips, or websites that anyone knows of on how to get control of the annual meeting via Robert's Rules? Our by-laws clearly state that they must be followed at the meeting.

* We highly suspect that our board is getting kick-backs and are trying to setup a foreclosure scam, what's the best way to start investigating both? If we discover that they are, what is our legal recourse?

* What are the warning signs that a HOA is "going bad"?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

It's taken us a few years, but we have finally started mobilizing like-minded homeowners in our neighborhood and have them fired up. We successfully obtained over 33% "no" votes on a current resolution (quite a feat in that we live in a VERY large neighborhood).

So, the questions I have are thus:

* Our annual elections are in a few months, what sort of dirty tricks can I expect from the current board and management company to try and remain in power?

* Any good advice, tips, or websites that anyone knows of on how to get control of the annual meeting via Robert's Rules? Our by-laws clearly state that they must be followed at the meeting.

* We highly suspect that our board is getting kick-backs and are trying to setup a foreclosure scam, what's the best way to start investigating both? If we discover that they are, what is our legal recourse?

* What are the warning signs that a HOA is "going bad"?

**A: www.caionline.org

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">