• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank claims to have not received my transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blazingdisciple

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Las Vegas, NV. I transferred money out of my BofA account to Public Savings Bank to get a secured credit card. It was an ACH transfer (apparently). PSB claims to have never received it even though the money came out of my BofA account. I spoke with my bank and they said they would put the money back in my account. Because of this, I redid the $579 transfer to PSB and this time they did received it because I did a wire transfer.

Weeks later the money never went back into my account. I contacted BofA and they said that it is impossible for them to put the money back into my account. This completely contradicts what they told me before! They said that PSB will need to reimburse me. My question is can I take PSB to small claims court since I can prove that the transfer did get through to them? How would I even go about starting the process?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Las Vegas, NV. I transferred money out of my BofA account to Public Savings Bank to get a secured credit card. It was an ACH transfer (apparently). PSB claims to have never received it even though the money came out of my BofA account. I spoke with my bank and they said they would put the money back in my account. Because of this, I redid the $579 transfer to PSB and this time they did received it because I did a wire transfer.

Weeks later the money never went back into my account. I contacted BofA and they said that it is impossible for them to put the money back into my account. This completely contradicts what they told me before! They said that PSB will need to reimburse me. My question is can I take PSB to small claims court since I can prove that the transfer did get through to them? How would I even go about starting the process?
How did you initiate the first transfer? Was it through your bill pay feature?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">