• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor kids look in my windows!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazygurl88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I moved into a duplex about 6 months ago, and there are kids all over the neighborhood. I don't mind their screaming or their toys being left everywhere, but what I CAN'T STAND is them running around on my rented space. Here is why:

1. They climb up the tree at the side of my house, and look in the windows! Keep in mind... this is a DUPLEX. ALL of my windows are on the same side of the house. So I am like a fish in a fishbowl - they can see into EVERY ROOM of my house from this single tree. I close the blinds, but I hear them yelling RIGHT NEXT to my window. They harass my dog and try to get her to bark when I am not home (I know because I took the day off once to discover it-I was wondering why she hated kids all of a sudden!) Sometimes I want to do ADULT THINGS, but I am afraid of what they will see in my own home!

2. They break the sprinkler heads in the summer. This is because they like to run in them while I am watering my grass, and they turn them a bunch of times so they point the right direction. My grass gets brown and my sprinklers break. I have been patient and replaced them at my own expense. But now, I am trying to GROW grass because they have been killing it - but I find them running all over the seeds playing games. It EXPLICITLY says in my lease that I am responsible for maintaining the grass and keeping it green! I have even found a parent sneaking onto my yard. I confronted him. All he said was "my kid broke it, sorry. Tried to fix it."

I would like to talk to the parents, but I suspect half of them are on drugs. In addition, they are either VERY defensive of their kids or they just yell at them which produces no different result since they yell at them all the time. I have already tried telling the kids to no avail. And NO, I am not an old man with nothing better to do - I am a 25 year old female who likes kids - but I also want people to respect my privacy/space. Any ideas?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

well, you have an option of talking to the owner of the property....

maybe he can suggest something to the parents.

TigerD

Wait until you know the kids are looking in the window and then with a stage knife and blood packet, fake a bloody vicious killing of ?your boyfriend?. Make it look like you were even eating a part of him.

The kids will run home screaming and probably call the cops. Use their report as proof of their peeping and file a complaint.

Although that might be enough to keep them away.

DC

Isis1

Wait until you know the kids are looking in the window and then with a stage knife and blood packet, fake a bloody vicious killing of ?your boyfriend?. Make it look like you were even eating a part of him.

The kids will run home screaming and probably call the cops. Use their report as proof of their peeping and file a complaint.

Although that might be enough to keep them away.

DC
LMFAO!!!!!! that's so not right. but almost the best idea yet!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">