• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7th grade student was punched on the head by teacher for not following directions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

malificent

My daughter was in class and talking to another student while the teacher was saying not to turn the test that was being handed out until he said so. However since my daughter was talking instead of listening, she turned the test over. Then the teacher grabbed the test turned the test over and called my daughter a knucklehead as he made a fist and punched the top of her head. After, all he said was "you surprise me sometimes". My daughter confused didn't inform the office immediatly instead, she waited until she got home to tell me. I planning to go to the district office tomorrow and inform them there. What should I do? What the teacher did is not right or as I understand legal. She attends school in Northern California. Please give me some advice.

M

malificent

Yes. I admit that she did wrong by not listening. Yet, kids are kids. All of us at some point in our lives have not follow directions, especially as kids. However,would you like your kids to be physically abused by their teachers for not following directions? We send our kids to school to get an education not to get beaten up.

HomeGuru

Correct, but your post did not mention anything about about your daughter getting beaten up. There may be a question of assault and a minor battery charge.
If she has any proven injuries, that is another story. I am not condoning the actions of the teacher and admit without reservation that it was wrong to hit a student.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">