• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asking advice for services issue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithdanielj

In Fall 2008 I paid $75 for a 1 day training class from a certified volunteer group.

As of Fall 2009 I have been unable to schedule a date to take the class since all of their dates fall on days that are inconvenient for me.

I have requested a refund of the amount I paid for the class and the group is saying that they can not refund the money because they can't afford to do so.

The sign up process is simple...just pay money, there are no disclosures posted.. no dotted line to sign on.

Any suggestions for how I should proceed? Small claims perhaps? Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
YOU signed up for it...you had knowledge of what days the courses were given. Perhaps YOU need to make time to go to the class.

Antigone*

In Fall 2008 I paid $75 for a 1 day training class from a certified volunteer group.

As of Fall 2009 I have been unable to schedule a date to take the class since all of their dates fall on days that are inconvenient for me.

I have requested a refund of the amount I paid for the class and the group is saying that they can not refund the money because they can't afford to do so.

The sign up process is simple...just pay money, there are no disclosures posted.. no dotted line to sign on.

Any suggestions for how I should proceed? Small claims perhaps? Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you.
I agree with Zigner. You had a whole year to take the class and didn't. At this point in time, I don't see that the agency owes you anything.

Another piece of advice. Please do not come into our forum and say that "Any thoughts are welcome" and when you get the appropriate legal thought you get potty mouth. That is completely UNwelcome and will result in a ban from our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">