• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help..Stuck Paying High Rent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shuntrelle

What is the name of your state (NEBRASKA)

This is the story:

Me and my Now X-boyfriend got ain apartment together. We signed a 12months lease. In April we got into a fight,and I kicked him out (April 10th).
He came back to live with me the same month..the month of April. I forgot to mention that when I kicked him out in april he told me to write him out a check for 600 dollars. For his half of the deposit and his half of last months rent. I'm thinking : Ok,this just a make up to break up thing he's not gonna cash the check...Well **** on me,cuz he cashed it!!

After he came back he did not pay his half of the rent for May, June, and July...And he also did not give me any part of the 600dollas from the check I wrote!
Thats the first part of the the story!

The second part is:

He moved back in at the end of April. We got in another fight in the month of Sep. It was the begining of the month,so I "told" him to get out again. He decided to move out Sep 23. And said he was moving out cuz I told him to get out,which was like at the begin.of Sep.

His name is still on the lease,and I want to Sue him for the his unpaid rent for the months of May,June,July,Nov, and Dec,and for my deposit back that I gave him which was in the 300dolla check I gave him in April.
I also forgot to mention that all the bills have been paid with MY checks,from MY account..his name is not on anything showing he paid for Rent at anytime..I have my bank history showing where I been paying rent and also sjowing where he cashed the 600dollas check I gave him..

I feel like I could have a case,but even if I do have a case and I win. He has mention that it does not matter if he pays $1 or $100 dollas. It is still a payment. If I do when is it possible that he can actually pay me such small payments,and do you think I have a case. What should I do??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You force him to leave and then expect him to pay the rent too? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

YOU won't be successful in a suit against him for rent after you illegally forced him to leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">